26 April 2008

My computer world...history???

Currently i put dual operating system on my compaq presario V3658TU with Windows XP Professional & Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS cause i'd need to use them.I'm sick to do the installation of windows xp on this laptop because of the sata hardisk and the driver for XP is hard to find.However,it's easy to do for me and i've created the recovery image incase if the windows become corrupted.

Since i'd love to use the Open Source Software few past year ago.Yeah,at the first time i've heard about linux from one of my friend asking me about 'lindows'.Fuh,i didn't have any idea about that!And it was the end of year 2003,after finishing my diploma from polytechnic and started to give my interest to start exploring the other operating system.Actually,i've got very simple and basic knowledge with windows..

Back in year 1987 for my first time looked at the computer,year one in primary school...i guess.My childish is get to the computer looked for computer games..hahaha.In year 1991,my lovely father brought a x486 computer for personal use doing his works as degree student.It was windows 3.1 with star office(for word processing),lotus 123(like excel) and those simple application.One desktop with 4-6 windows folder.Then when windows 95 arrived,my father send the computer to upgrade the latest version which can performed better.

This naughty boy have corrupted that pc while my father not around and turns to be afraid being scold by him.About 2 week before my father get back home,i've start to look around any solution..asking for my friend either he knew or not(i think he acted like he knew but he don't actually).Then the days comes and i've been punished for my mistaken.From that day,i've been warned not to touch that computer again..yeah,i admit it was all my fault.my little whishper,"I'm sorry,Ayah."

But that's not the end of my journey....

No comments: